Community Open House - Coming Soon!
The City of Napa will be hosting a series of Community Open Houses over the next few months. Check back here often as we will announce upcoming events soon!
Significant Project Dates
• May 21, 2018: A special City Council meeting is scheduled for May 21, 2018 and will provide an update on project status. Please check the City’s webpage for the upcoming agenda.
• May 1, 2018: the City Council approved a Change Management and Engagement Plan Implementation agreement for internal employee communications related to the Project and process changes to support functions in the new facility.
• December 12 and 13, 2017: Community Meetings were held to present the Project’s preliminary design concepts.
• November 14, 2017: A Joint Planning Commission/City Council Meeting was held to provide preliminary comments on the design of the public facilities portion of the Combined City Administration and Essential Services Building, Fire Station and Parking Structure (See the Special Joint Workshop Agenda for The City Council of The City of Napa and The Planning Commission Items 4A).
• September 5, 2017: City Council was provided a project update, reviewed the proposed site plan, project timeline and approved an Exclusive Negotiations Agreements (ENA) with Plenary Properties Napa (PPN) (See the 9/5/2017 Special City Council Meeting Agenda Item 4A).
• May 30th, 2017: At the Council meeting, City Council selected Plenary Group Napa, LLC as the preferred development proposal and directed City staff to negotiate the terms of an Exclusive Negotiating Agreement (ENA) with Plenary Group Napa, LLC (See the May 30, 2017, Special City Council Meeting Agenda Item).
• November 7, 2016: An RFP titled “Opportunity to Design & Build a Public Safety and City Administration Building as well as to Develop Excess City Land with Private Uses" was released to the three pre-qualified teams.
• October 4, 2016: Staff received authorization to transfer properties related to the RFP City title. (See the following meeting agendas from 10/6/2016 Special HACN, Special City-CHABA, Special City-CNPFFA and Special City Council)
• September 20, 2016: City Council received a project update, reviewed the sites to be included as available development sites in the RFP and reviewed the RFP evaluation criteria (see Agenda Item 6B).
• May 10, 2016: The City Council reviewed the RFQ Evaluations, approved the issuance of a Request for Proposals (RFP) to three qualified teams, provided direction to staff on policy items to be incorporated into the final RFP document, and approve issuance of the RFP (see Agenda Item 4A).
• April 7, 2015: The City Council received a presentation on the update for the City Hall Consolidation Project including preliminary finical analysis. (See Agenda Item 24A)
• August 18, 2015: City Council reviewed the draft Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the City Buildings Consolidation Project, provided input and direction to staff for incorporation into the final RFQ document, and approved the issuance of RFQ. (See Agenda Item 14B).
• October 30, 2015: A Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for a public-private partnership to take on this project was issued.
• May 21, 2013: City Council appropriates initial funds for an Evaluation Study of City Hall Consolidation Alternatives.
• March 17, 2009: The City Council received a presentation on the “Napa Consolidated City hall and Asset Analysis Study,” (Study) and provided direction to incorporate the Study into the Downtown Specific Plan Process and to bring back consolidation recommendations as opportunities present themselves. (see Agenda Item 5A)